14 December 2016
Incubatore Universitario Fiorentino, via Madonna del Piano 6 – 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI), Italy
09:00 ÷ 11:00 workshop
11:00 ÷ 14:00 Skype consensus meeting with foreign sites
Time table of Skype conference:
11:00 ÷ 12:00 WP1, WP2, WP4, WP6
12:00 ÷ 13:00 WP3/1, WP3/2
13:00 ÷ 15:00 WP5
skype address: marcello.traversi
Aquaculture has a great growing of consumer expectations focused to give effective solutions for world people future nutrition. An aquaculture development can free the market from super-intensive overfishing in the sea. In spite of this challenge many members of the public and policy management are not really understand how to improve sustainable seafood sources of the aquaculture innovation, as a conscious consumer-driven development and safe and sustainable foods.
VISION. The increasing diffusion of aquaculture production in the world indirectly acts as a deterrent to the capture of fishing in the sea, promoting a greater safety of the environment and helping to maintain biodiversity. The wild-fish cannot however meet the growing needs of seafoods, because intensive fishing can cause an unsustainable reduction of the fish in the sea.
The meeting organized by Egocreanet will advance the understanding on innovative sustainable solutions for improving the safety and dietary properties of seafood. The aim is to develop the project proposal “EAT-BLUE: EAT Aquafish & Think BLUEconomy” to be submitted on the Horizon 2020 call BG-08-2017 “Innovative sustainable solutions for improving the safety and dietary properties of seafood” with deadline 4 February 2017. The meeting will discuss the following topics and objectives, which are the basis for the definition of strategy and models for the development of fish production in aquaculture, ensuring environmental, social and economic sustainability and benefits:
- eco-sustainable development of production processes,
- diffusion of technological practices to differentiate productions, increasing the number of farmed species,
- ability to realize innovative compositions of feed, integrating f microalgae for herbivorous fish and proteins from insects and worms for carnivorous fish, in order to decrease the use of traditional fish’s flour and oil,
- health and veterinary hygienic aspects of fish welfare, as they affect the quality of the fish and consequently the well-being and human health,
- understanding of consumers on importance of producing fish and shellfish in aquaculture, freshwater or seawater, in order to mitigate the unsustainable exploitation of fish in the sea.
The proposal ” EAT Aquafish & Think BLUEconomy ” will develop an aquaculture innovation, through demonstration for the enhancement of viable and profitable commercial aquaculture production in the Europe aiming at:
- foster a further extension and support knowledge innovation for aquaculture industry/sme’s development;
- analyze and compile and test the nutritional composition of potential new feed ingredients (microalgae and insects proteins, healt-probiotics ..etc) for fish meal and fry-feed;
- improve development of new eco-friendly technologies for fresh-water acquaculture and marine-culture;
- enhance pilot design and experiments for diversify the aquaculture products;
- improve consumer perception and awareness of new fish new species in the market;
- protect the marine environment & maritime heritage and prevent & combat pollution;
- protect, secure and enhance the marine and coastal environment;
- improve accessibility and connectivity;
- improve safety & security at sea and promote blue growth & job creation. Promote entrepreneurship and innovation;
- create a socially inclusive and sustainable model of regional development.
For more info to participate to the Egocreanet meeting write to: <EGOCREANET2016@gmail.com>.
NOTES for partners:
At the consensus meeting we look to share and approval the key innovation action of the EAT-BLUE, project (*) and to select the more active partners into a EU- CONSORTIUM.
(*)- Key conceps of the AI – EAT BLUE Project :
The EU’s Blue Growth Strategy identifies aquaculture — the farming of fish, as a sector which could boost economic growth across Europe and bring social benefits through new jobs. In contrast with other regions of the world, aquaculture production is stagnating in the EU, while imports are rising. At the same time, there is a growing gap between the amount of seafood consumed in the EU, and the amount caught from wild fisheries. The overall methodology of the relevant activities of “EAT-BLUE” project are focused to give a contribute to close this gap in the important role to advance in food security as well as its economic growth and favouring the development of environmentally responsible EU- aquaculture. So that the overall methodology impacts vary with the production of the following distinguishing innovation activities:
- building a pilot product of special microalgae to develop algal oil for higher quality of fish – feed;
- grow up a prototype of functional probiotics for fish health that will be tested on most popular seafood species, such as salmon, sea bass and sea bream, and
- to make aquaculture more sustainable by means increase productivity and profitability, through innovation and first market replication of some fish-species ( as pulp vulgaris, greather amberjack or other finfishes ) for improving farming methods and management techniques, tacking into account Regional locations and local environmental conditions.
I hope in your interactive cooperation: Paolo Manzelli (EGOCREANET) (335/6760004) 12/12/2016 Florence.
Partners & stakeholders (RO – Res.Org.; PB. Public. Body; SMS Enterprise)
- Teregroup srl, teregroup.net, Italy (SMS).
- EGO-Creanet c/o Business Incubator Florence University, edscuola.it/lre.html, Italy (NGO)
- INVE, section of Rosignano Solvay inveaquaculture.com, (Italy-Belgium) Large Enterp.
- DOMMRS -Marine Res. Station Ltd; http://www.dommrc.com/staff-profiles.html, Ireland (RO)
- Istituto Español de Oceanografía IEO-CANARIAS (Tenerife) ieo.es, Spain (PB)
- Universidad de La Laguna , ull.es, Spain (PB)
- Fundacion CSIC, csic.es, Spain (PB) (*)
- BLUEBIO ALLIANCE (Ass. Nacional and BIOISI ciencias.ulisboa.pt, Portugal (No-profit)
- Centre of Marine Sciences, ualg.pt, Portugal (No-Profit)
- Instituto Português do Mar e da Atmosfera (IPMA), ipma.pt, Portugal (PB)
- WFBR –biobased products,vcard.wur.nl, The Neetherland (RO)
- Hellenic Centre for Marine Research, hcmr.gr/en, Greece (RO)
- NOFIMA: no/en, Norway (PB)
- Ge.I. soc coop.: www.agei.it, Italy ( SMS )
- AgroitticaToscana Soc.Agr.srl , AGROITTICATOSCANA.IT, Italy (SMS) (*)
- Marine & Env. Res.(MER) Lab Ltd, http://www.merresearch.com/, Cyprus –Greece (SMS)
- Trophi GmbH , Trophi.org, Germany (SMS-consultant)
- University of Akureyri (UNAK), unak.is , Iceland (PB)
- University of Belgrade . Fac. Agriculture . agrif.bg.ac.rs , Serbia (RO)
- HZ University of Applied Sciences, hz.nl, The Netherlands (PB)
- Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU), https://www.nmbu.no/; Norvege (PB)
- Alghitaly alghitaly.com , Italy (SMS)
Consensus Meeting short proposal .
We get three hours for the Consnsus meeting on line , from 11.00 to 14 .00
A) First hour : General approach of EAT BLUE project e.g WP1,WP2,WP4,WP6
B) Second hour – Action for Innovation based on Microalgae.(Road Map)
wp3.1.1. Production of marine microalgae at low cost to get Olio Algale with higer content of Omega 3 (PUFA) (one year)
wp3.1.2. Use of Olio Algale instead of fish oil to ned composition of fish Feed anf fre. feed . ( second year )
wp3.1.3 tests of new composition of fish- and fry- feed to popular aquaculture fishes and new mariculture ( amberjack and octopus) ( third year)
wp3.2.1 – Updating prerequisires of functional probiotics as addittives for fish feed (one year)
wp3.2.2 – Test of ptobiotics and prbiotics for dietary upplemens for popular fishes and new aquaculure fish production ( second year)
wp3.2.3 – demostration how probiotics-based products to improve gut health of tested fishes ( third year )
C) Third hour : wp 5
wp5.1.1 – Overcoming bottleneks to the production of greather amebrjak and octopus (one year)
wp5.1.2 – Breeding and fattening methods of greather amebrjak and octopus (second year)
wp5.1.3 – promotion of new mariculture marketing and market (third year)