Concepts and approach describing the main ideas assumption or models underpinning the project. (H-2014- SFS-06)
By Paolo Manzelli President of Egocreanet email@example.com
2014/02/20 .Italy-Africa Round Table.
The future impacts of the various components of global change – demographic, climatic, land use – on agricultural biodiversity and nutrition will be enormously complex and correspondingly the difficult to decipher and predict generate a deep contemporary crisis.
The good step to get a progressive solution to the complexity 3F.crisis is to advance in mondializationof the HORIZON Research& INNOVATION strategy as it is proposed by the NUTRA-Africa support action.
— >BUILG RESILIENCE among “3F”.Structural Crisis between EUROPE & AFRICA:
starting for a new vision for understanding Critical Crossroads of Culture Change !!!!
1) 1)FOOD Quantity need to decrease, while the nutritional quality need to increase through food functional fortification Diversifying Plant ,Food and Diets, and Agriculture eco-economic innovation.
2) 2) FUEL : The energy transformation challenge : gasoline need to be substitute with alternative energy
3) 3) FINANCE : in changing the eco-economic – paradigm for a sustainable cooperative development , finance need to be more resilient with the production & market to increase work and decrease poverty. In that context Agrofood EU-Africa innovation will require significant public/private investments to ensuring food and nutrition security.
NUTRA-AFRICA EU-AFRICA ACTION
in Agro-ecological Agriculture, Agricultural biodiversity, nutrition and global change
a) a )Bring together partnerships’ activities from different 3F challenges and enabling sustainable technologies
b) b) Provide support across the innovation chain from research, to development, to proof of concept, piloting, demonstration projects, and to setting creative competencies building groups and policy frameworks.
c) c) Integrate different perspectives, including from the social sciences and humanities, gender perspectives, and international strategy
d) d) Favor to make use of the full spectrum of Horizon funding schemes and types of action e.g. research and innovation actions, innovation actions, ERANets,SME instrument…
On line Bibliography of the state of the art.: https://www.facebook.com/groups/483765628411000/
1) 1)Perspectives Commentary from Africa: http://www.za.boell.org/downloads/Perspectives_1.11(1).pdf
2) 2) SURVEY 2013 : http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/2843WESS2013.pdf
3) 3) Diversifying Food and Diets: http://www.bioversityinternational.org/uploads/tx_news/Diversifying_food_and_diets_1688_02.pdf
4) 4) FAO- The state of Food andAgriculture : http://www.fao.org/publications/sofa/en/
5) 5) Nutrition and Sustainability Report 2013:
6) 6) EU –Commisson ; AGRIBUSINESS & DEVELOPMENT : http://eudevdays.eu/sites/default/files/brochure_en.pdf